Thursday, November 24, 2005

Transforming yourself from the inside out

As I make my first post on Thanksgiving - I am down another 1/2 a pound (at least for now.) I am on pound number 28 on a 40 pound journey to find myself again.

Six months a go, the Monday after school let out for the summer, my husband and I said "enough." We were overweight, headed for diabetes, heart disease! Our backs hurt, we were listless, hungry all the time, and just plain cranky!

We've tried many things but never really 100% and never really together. This was it! He said we'd be doing Body for Life!

It is tough to explain the program -- we've had our ups and downs. I do know that the greatest thing is how I feel! I feel 20 years younger and can run a mile faster than I did in high school. I can keep up with my three kids. Just go to the website and you'll see more.

I believe this classifies as my first Bright Idea because of the overwhelming change it has had on my life. It has been easy to follow in terms of food.

I wish more people would follow a similar program but it seems most just want to take a pill and lose weight quickly. Yes, the first couple of weeks of losing 6 and 5 lbs were great -- but honestly most weeks are down 1/2 and down 1 -- not these stellar weight loss numbers posted by folks on the Biggest Loser.

The best way to lose weight is the old fashioned way -- eat less and exercise more! I feel great! I feel alive again! I feel rejuvinated! Wow -- now that is a bright idea!

No comments: